Posted On20 Apr 2021
20+ Time Management Skills to Put in Your Resume
Time is of the essence, as they say, and nowhere is this more evident than in the workplace, where the unwritten law is that employees must be as productive as possible during their hours at work. On your resume, the best way to express to recruiters and managers that you are time- and productivity-conscious is to effectively build up your time management skills.
What are time management skills?
Basically, time management skills—which is another word for time-efficient skills—is the ability to divide one’s time between particular activities so that everything that must be done, can be done within the allotted deadline. Having effective time management skills allows an employee to complete tasks and projects with minimal stress, so you can see how valuable they are for an applicant to have in the eyes of recruiters and hiring managers.
What are the 10 most important time managing skills to have?
According to many employers, the ten most important time management skills to have on your resume are:
- Organization – one’s ability to create structure and order at work
- Communication – the process of sharing information and ideas between employees in an organization
- Prioritizing – the ability to decide which tasks to do first based on the importance
- Scheduling – the process of establishing and assigning tasks for a specific period of time
- Meeting deadlines – the ability to meet goals set by the organization
- Planning – the process of analyzing and forecasting tasks that need to be done
- Decision-making – the ability to choose the best possible option in a given situation
- Problem-solving – the ability to understand a challenge and think of an effective solution for it
- Strategic thinking – the ability to prepare ideas and strategies for future challenges
- Multi-tasking – the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once
Want more examples? Here are other critical time management skills to have, depending on the industry and position you’re applying for.
- Goal setting
- Stress management
- Resource management
- Workplace management and maintenance
- Appointment management
- Record keeping
- Evaluation and assessment
Why are planning and prioritizing skills crucial to have on your resume?
In the modern workforce, time management skills, also known as planning and prioritizing skills, are highly sought after. Although time management in customer service is considered a necessity, it is equally held in high regard in practically all industries. That’s why aside from knowing how to improve planning skills, you also need to know how to answer time management interview questions, both of which can be developed on your own or with some training.
Need help with your resume?
You can take the stress out of resume writing by having one of our expert resume writers at Resumeble do it for you. We will research the company or companies you’re applying for to thoroughly understand which planning and prioritizing skills are the best ones to put on your application. Send us your resume today for a free, no-obligation evaluation.
3 frequently asked questions about resume writing
Q: How do I choose the right resume writing service?
A: Choosing the right resume writing service takes time and requires careful consideration. Some of the things you need to look out for include:
- Experience – find a provider that has plenty of experience across a wide range of industries.
- Guarantee – a reputable service will be able to provide assurance, such as the 60-day interview guarantee by Resumeble.
- Promptness – be sure to check out reviews concerning the provider’s ability to deliver completed jobs within days, not weeks. Resumeble usually takes five to seven calendar days to complete an order.
Q: How much does it cost to have a resume professionally written?
A: Different resume writing firms offer different prices for similar services, but eventually, you get what you pay for. Resumeble has three main service packages to suit different career levels, namely, Career Pro (USD 149.00), Professional (USD 229.00), or Premium (USD 339.00). Each comes with Resume and Cover Letter writing, plus other additional services, depending on the package you choose.
Q: What is the most important resume section?
A: Although all of the sections of the resume are important, many employers consider the Skills section as the most important—even more valuable than the Experience section. This puts into perspective why you need to do a good job choosing the best time management skills for the job and highlighting them in a way that recruiters will respond positively to. Resumeble can help ensure your time management skills attract the right kind of attention from people who read your resume.
- -Check Your Resume Branding
- -Learn About Main Mistakes and How to Fix Them
- -Check if Your Resume is ATS-compliant
- -Get Your Analysis within 24 Hours or Less!
Get a free resume