Posted On27 Jan 2022
Updated On01 Jan 1970
How to Get a New Job in 2022
As the world bounces back from the COVID-19 pandemic, this 2022, it’s time to look forward to new beginnings and fresh starts. Are you looking to rejuvenate your career this year, but currently find it difficult to do get hired for a new position? Don’t fret, because Resumeble has you covered. Follow these steps on how to get a new job in 2022.
Step #1: Clean up your online presence
For all you know, there could be negative posts about you circulating online. Some may even be of your own doing. Do you have any shares where you badmouth previous employers or co-workers? Or perhaps you’ve written something that indicate unprofessional behavior or poor team player skills. Regarding how to get a new job in 2022, you’ll want to delete or at least hide such posts, because many organizations today Google candidates before scheduling them for an interview. In fact, 70 percent of them do so.
Likewise, you may also have some damaging content out there coming from other people. Although you do not have control over what others post about you, there’s still something you can do about them. If it’s meant to be a harmless post from someone you know, you can contact the person directly and request them to take down said post. If it’s a malicious post, you can talk to web administrators about them and have them removed, or you can counter them with your own post refuting their claim with proof.
Step #2: Apply for the job that best fits your qualifications
If you’ve been unemployed for some time, you may become too eager and aggressive with your job search, sending out your resume repeatedly without considering whether or not you’re qualified for a job. Though there’s basically nothing wrong with this tactic for how to get a new job, you could be hurting your chances of getting hired and end up wasting a lot of your time. Make better use of your schedule by seeking out jobs that are compatible with your skills, experience, and education. You’ll have a higher chance of getting called in for an interview this way.
Step #3: Attend a job fair
Instead of blindly sending out your resume, you can give your job hunt more focus by attending a job fair and other similar hiring events. These occasions are when you can meet potential employers face to face, and if you can make a great impression you could possibly get hired on the spot. So for how to get a new job in 2022, whether the job fair is a physical or virtual event, always remember that it’s more about them, and less about you. With that in mind, here are three tips for job fair success.
• Pre-register – When you register ahead of time, you’ll get a glimpse of the companies that will be attending, which should allow you to do some research and learn more about them before the event.
• Practice your “sales pitch” – When a job interviewer asks you to tell more about yourself, you should, within 15 to 30 seconds, be able to tell the interviewer some key points about yourself. Focus on who you are, what you do, what makes you unique, and what value you can contribute to a prospective employer.
• Bring your resume – Don’t ever forget this important document when you attend a job fair, because recruiters will be sure to ask for it. That said, make sure your resume is up to date, error-free, and specifically written for the position you’re applying for.
Step #4: Harness your social network
Social media started out as a way to keep in touch with friends and family, but it has now evolved to the point that many people use it for business, networking, and more. With a little knowhow, you can use your online social channels for how to get a new job to great effect. LinkedIn is a given, but even Facebook, Twitter and Instagram now have features that connect potential employers to candidates like you. Here are some tips for social media success depending on the channel you use:
• LinkedIn – Clean up your LinkedIn profile, position yourself as an expert in your line of work, and check that every aspect of your page makes you appear professional.
• Facebook – Learn to navigate your way around the Facebook “Jobs” tab, which lets you fine tune your job search according to different filters including location, skill, industry, job type, and more.
• Twitter – Make use of hashtags related to job search such as #JobHunt, #NowHiring, and #FF to find potential employers that could be looking for candidate with your exact qualifications.
• Instagram – Find and follow companies, and then interact with them in their posts by commenting, tagging and liking. When commenting, be sure you are always on topic and that whatever you say adds value to the conversation. You can also share what you’re working on as a way to subtly showcase your portfolio.
Step #5: Work on building an exemplary resume
When you submit your resume, your document will likely face the close scrutiny not only of highly trained recruiters and hiring managers, but extremely strict applicant tracking systems as well. Simply put, if you want to know how to get a new job fast, you can’t afford to send a generic and bland resume.
If you want your resume to capture the attention of a potential employer, confirm that the information you put in highlights your experiences and skills in a way that matches perfectly with the job position you are applying for. It also helps to keep your resume easy-to-read, up-to-date, properly formatted, free of any grammatical and typographical errors, and tailored specifically for the job in question. Ensuring that the resume you submit is well-crafted will make you a prime candidate and help you land more interviews.
Want to know how to get a new job fast?
Resumeble’s writers will work with you one-on-one to develop your resume and won’t cease until you are fully satisfied with the result. Let us help you answer questions like how long does it take to get a new job, and how to get a new job fast. Boost your chances of getting hired this 2022 when you send us your resume today for a free, no-obligation evaluation. Contact us today!
- -Check Your Resume Branding
- -Learn About Main Mistakes and How to Fix Them
- -Check if Your Resume is ATS-compliant
- -Get Your Analysis within 24 Hours or Less!
Get a free resume