As years go by the hiring process in every company changes- as well as the qualifications and specifications of the profiles the hiring managers are looking for. In an environment where technology and innovation are keys to branding, advertising and connecting to your customers, there is no other way to present one's self but to stand out through the most competitive and innovative way of writing your resume.
When it comes to Executive profiles, it is important to know how they can showcase their years of work experiences in the most concise and simplest manner.
Why does this CEO/Executive resume work?
Layout and Format:
- Keeping the design simple and clear, and format - easy to look at is essential. Pay attention to how the document above is structured. Minute details like margins, font style and color can either help your resume shine or can ruin it. You can emphasize all the right (or the wrong) things using these simple tools.
- Keeping job descriptions in bullet format helps organizing your achievements and putting the most important information first
- Avoiding too much creativity is a great idea when it comes to any resume, but especially when it comes to executive or c-level positions. You want to be memorable for all the right reasons!
- Listing your core areas of expertise in the very beginnings helps you with ATS (Applicant Tracking System) and makes recruiters' job easier. Now they don't have to scroll and read through your whole document to understand what are your most prominent features.
- Keeping the reader in mind when preparing your resume is the most important thing. Put yourself in recruiters' shoes and remember that your resume has 6-10 seconds to grab attention. It must be concise and clear, peppered with right keywords and have a logic to it.
- Including awards, certifications and licenses is a great idea because it will showcase your interest in growing in your field. Many HRs and recruiters go as far as ignoring those resumes where no professional certification has been obtained in the last 3-4 years.
- Adding quantifiable data to measure your achievements such as sales growth, percentages, KPIs, ROI data, retention levels, budgets, etc. will show your potential employer that you are not just about the "fluff" but know your numbers as well.
You don't have to do this yourself. Let our professional resume writers assist you with making your executive achievements shine and tell your career story like never before!